The Somerset County Court House, constructed in 1909, is a fine example of Beaux-Arts Classicism. It was designed by the firm of Gordon, Tracy and Swartwout. James Reilly Gordon was one of America's greatest courthouse architects, who also designed the Arizona State Capitol. The Court House was the location of the famous Hall-Mills murder trial in 1926.
The First Reformed Church, constructed in 1897, is a free interpretation of an English Gothic church. It was designed by William Appleton Potter renowned for his architecture on the Princeton University Campus. The Lord Memorial Fountain, erected in 1910, was designed by John Russell Pope, designer of the Jefferson Memorial, and sculpted by John Boyde and Thomas Trolearen.