Visits of Methodist ministers to this area began in 1881. On June 17, 1901, circuit rider W. L. Harris, from Cataline Mission (40 mi N), organized this first local church in native walnut grove of Mrs. Mary Ruth Jones (3 mi N). Charter members (17) included families of Gid Bell, G. J. Duncan, M. V. Harvey, Mrs. Jones; also, John B. Harvey, Dan Lehman, Lillie Jones Trostle. On February 1, 1903, services were moved from homes of members to Shamrock schoolhouse. Other early church families: The A. J. Austins, T. E. Burkhalters, Frank Exums, S. W. Norwoods, W. B. Smiths, D. F. Spuills, E. L. Woodleys, and Mrs. A. N. Holmes. First church building was erected and missionary society founded 1906. Tornado destroyed the structure in 1907; a second was planned by the Rev. T. B. Hilburn, built under the Rev. W. Y. Switzer, 1908, with A. J. Austin as contractor. Third church was built in 1929 under the Rev. C. W. Foote; present sanctuary was completed in 1965 under the Rev. C. Melton.
Other pastors: P. G. Huffman, W. M. Pope, J. P. Patterson, M. S. Leveridge, Cal C. Wright, Ed R. Wallace, W. E. Hamilton, R. N. Huckabee, C. E. Jameson, R. A. Stewart, Lance Webb, A. C. Haynes, M. B. Norwood, H. H. Bratcher, S. M. Dunnam, Frank Beauchamp, Jim Sharp, Lyman Paul Wood, Oscar Bruce and Tommie Beck. Church name was revised 1939 and 1968.