During WWI, the original sandstone brick "Twin Towers" were built on land once belonging to the Brandon family. This school consolidated the area's one-room schoolhouses to better educate the young. The first principal, John T. Bushong, expanded Brandon Grade School to the 12th grade, and four seniors graduated in 1923.
Strong emphasis was on the "3R's" but even botany was taught. The town's social life centered around the school, and its auditorium provided a place for plays, movies, and special events. With the growth of the community the school became a Jr./Sr. in 1954, changed to a Sr. high in 1962, and in 1973 became a Jr. high named after long-time principal E.F. McLane. These buildings have nurtured our children proudly.
Dedicated in honor of the Brandon Centennial