The Williams House was built between 1900 and 1914 by the Blum family as their private residence. After moving to Charles Town, Dr. Leah Mildred Williams, a female physician, purchased the home in 1954. Dr. Williams began her family medical practice after purchasing the home where she saw patients until her retirement in 1986. Known as a deeply caring and compassionate person, Dr. Williams made a point of seeing any patient, often making house calls in order to do so. She served as the county's Medical Examiner, Chief of Staff at Jefferson Memorial Hospital, and was a member of the Independent Fire Company, serving for many years as the fire company's physician. Dr. Williams continue to reside in the house until her death in 2008 at the age of 91.