The First Fire Company
Built in 1935, the Pocono Pines Fire Company included offices for police, township supervisors and support staff. Its Goodwill Community Club offered space for public "meetings, suppers and various functions." By 1977, township growth necessitated expansion. The fire company and township offices moved to new facilities. As an all-volunteer fire company, it has protected and supported our community since November 3rd, 1930. Clymer Library
Our library was founded in 1906 at the Pocono Pines Assembly and Summer Schools by Clara and Lee Clymer. In 1930, it moved to the high school near here. From 1958-1977, the library shared space with the firehouse. When our fire company moved, this building was remodeled for public use as the library's new home. It was expanded in 1991 and again in 2000. The Clymer Library is sustained by volunteers, and was all volunteer for 88 years.