This home was first owned by rancher George Edward Lisenby and his wife, Mattie Belle Holland, who bought it in 1916. They sold it in 1922 to William Spencer and Dora Bell (Williams) Campbell, who owned W.S. Campbell Furniture and Undertaking, today known as Campbell Funeral Home. The Campbell family was active in local organizations and the Methodist church. The house exhibits Prairie style influences, as seen in the deep eaves, geometric pendant detailing, asymmetrical hipped roof and emphasis on horizontal planes. Today, the landmark is a reminder of Spur's early history and residents.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark