An excellent example of early 20th century classical revival style, the First National Bank of Jayton was erected about 1912 by descendants of early Kent County pioneers. Classical features of the edifice, such as the polished granite Ionic columns, bull's eye windows, quoins, and the unusual recessed entry portico, are typical of the favored imagery of stability and order among banks of the period. The domed skylight is a device often employed by the building's architect, Rockwell H. Stuckey (1855-1936). The bank closed in the 1930s; the building continues to serve the community as a financial institution, many of its personnel descendants of bank founders.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark