This property once served as Frisco's Post Office, General Store, and Gas Station. The main building, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, originally consisted of a one-room, wood-plank cabin, still standing today attached to the larger white main house.
Later additions were built with materials from a local abandoned mine.
Louis Wildhack, a local miner and engineer who built this property, served as postmaster from 1914 to 1935.
The property was later sold to Guy Cannam in 1935, who assumed the role of postmaster until 1941; he added four small cabins to the property.
In 1946 Robert and Helen Foote purchased the property.
Robert worked as a finish guide and served as postmaster from 1947 to 1965.
The historic Foote's Rest landmark still remains in the Foote Family today.
Built by Louis Wildhack