Several German Lutheran families from Mills County migrated to Concho County shortly after the turn of the 20th century. These pioneers maintained close ties with their former congregations. The Rev. Franz Walther of Mills County conducted irregular services in the Lapp schoolhouse near the community of Live Oak beginning in 1913. In 1916 the Rev. Ludwig W. Karcher began preaching at Menard and was asked by Willie Pax of Live Oak to come and preach in the area. On October 29, 1916, settlers came to the Lapp schoolhouse from all over Concho County to hear the Rev. Mr. Karcher's sermon. They asked the minister to return on a regular basis. The congregation began with about 44 members. In 1917, they moved services to Eden, meeting in private homes and in the facilities of other Christian denominations. Eventually the parsonage became a house of worship.
The Rev. Mr. Karcher and his wife made Eden their home in 1919. He began conducting religious education classes. A church constitution was adopted in 1921. In 1923 the parsonage was the site of the first Central Texas Pastoral Conference. A frame chapel was erected beside the parsonage in 1925. The Eden and Menard churches became a self-sustaining dual parish in 1928.
The church has been led by many dedicated pastors; one became president of the Texas district and another
served as president of the Lutheran Church, Missouri Synod. The congregation chose this site in 1946 for a new church and parsonage. The church was dedicated in 1950. Prolonged drought in the 1950s caused many to leave west Texas, causing a decline in church membership. By 1957, however, hope was renewed for both the parish and the area at large. Trinity Lutheran Church continues the traditions of its founders.