In July 1882, the year after the founding of Du Pre, now Buda, M. Lawson, A. Teague and W. A. Hancock petitioned the San Marcos Baptist Association for the formation of this church. The first pastor was the Rev. D. A. Porter, ordained in the nearby Pioneer Baptist Church at Mountain City. Services were conducted in a schoolhouse and a Methodist chapel until the 1890s, when the first sanctuary was built. The church moved here in 1949, when the new stone building was completed. Known as the Buda Baptist Church from 1889, the congregation adopted the present name in 1967.