c 1790sChisholm's Tavern was the name of a tavern (more defined as an Inn) in the 1790s located near the site of the Dwight Kessel Garage. The tavern was established by John Chisholm, an early settler important to the development of Knoxville. Chisholm was one of the few settlers who was actually Scottish-born and a key operative in the Blount Plot of 1797. Knoxville was home to at least seven taverns, or hotels, in the 1790s.
|Placed By||Visit Knoxville, Tennessee Department of Tourist Development, the RiverHill Gateway Neighborhood Association, Knox Heritage, Arts & Culture of Greater Knoxville, the Calvin M. McClung Historical Collection, Knox County Public Library and the City of Knoxville|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, June 10th, 2018 at 4:02pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||17S E 237158 N 3983607|
|Decimal Degrees||35.96151667, -83.91451667|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 35° 57.691', W 83° 54.871'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||35° 57' 41.46" N, 83° 54' 52.26" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling West|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 101-199 W Hill Ave, Knoxville TN 37902, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.