Big Cottonwood Canyon TrailThe South Butlerville School was build about 1892 at 2235 East on the north side of Creek Road (8200 South). The school was built of brick, and the foundation was granite rock. Using a team of horses and a wagon, David Alma Proctor hauled the rock from Little Cottonwood Canyon. After this school closed, all but two of the children went to Union School. The children who went to Union were transported by a horse-drawn covered wagon. Neri Butler was one of the drivers. In about 1919 or 1920, the school was torn down, and the brick was hauled to Union to build the Burgon Market on the corner of Union Avenue (about 7200 South) and 900 East.
|Placed By||Cottonwood Heights Historic Committee|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, September 22nd, 2018 at 11:01pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||12T E 431944 N 4498023|
|Decimal Degrees||40.63025000, -111.80471667|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 40° 37.815', W 111° 48.283'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||40° 37' 48.9" N, 111° 48' 16.98" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||801, 435|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling South|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near Old Mill Bike Path, Holladay UT 84121, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.