This building built in 1868 served as the Ascension parish Courthouse and jail. On June 1, 2017, the Ascension Parish Council officially changed the name to Charles "Chalou" Trepagnier Building in honor of his 51 years as a law enforcer.Born to cariogero Trapani from Salaparta, Sicily, and Virginia Cantella from Gibellina, Sicily, on Maerch 12, 1906. At his baptism the priest misspelled his name Carlogero Trapani to Charles Taepagnier and this became his Americanized name. Chalou and his siblings Phillip, Joe, Frank, Victor, Virginia, Mary and Margret worked hard on their dad's farm and in his grocery store on Front Street in Donaldsonville. At the age of 18 chalou became deputy and jailer and lived in the jail. He married Mary Falsetta and they had four children Virgie, Charles III, Anthony and Rosemary. His exploits in the line of deputy and chief of police are legendary, He died September 14, 1985.Mr. Chalou respected everyone and everyone respected him.