During the early 1920's, three Cleveland, Ohio physicians established Riomar as a private winter resort for themselves and their families. The facilities included a clubhouse and guest cottage on what is now Riomar Drive, a nine-hole golf course and a beach house. This building on Club Drive was the second clubhouse. It was built c. 1929, and is one of Vero Beach's oldest permanent structures on the barrier island betweenez the Indian River and the Atlantic Ocean. Its Mediterranean Revival style with a stucco exterior and perky cypress interior was popular in Florida during the 1920's land boom. A center for the area's social activities, Riomar attracted many permanent residents and winter visitors to Vero Beach.
In 1965 the c. 1929 clubhouse and guest cottages were purchased by Saint Edward's School, an Episcopal day school with 33 students, grades 5 through 8. In 1972 an Upper School campus was opened on A-1-A south of here. The clubhouse continued as Saint Edward's Lower School and now houses pre-kindergarten through grade 6. The building was renovated in 1988, but maintains its original character.