The Fort De Soto Quartermaster Storehouse Museum is a reconstruction of the Army Quartermaster Storehouse at Fort De Soto in the early 1900s. This building was used primarily as a warehouse for supplies from 1905 until 1910. At one point, the Army considered adding forty feet to one end of the building and converting it to a bowling alley. The Brunswick, Balke, Collander Company had been contacted and two bowling lanes could have been acquired for $900. The idea was finally rejected in 1909 and, one year later, the troops were transferred to Fort Morgan, Alabama.
You will find exhibits in the museum which chronicle the happenings of Fort De Soto on Mullet Key and Fort Dade on Egmont Key.
Fort De Soto Park employees constructed this building as closely as possible to the original. The interior furnishings and exhibits were made possible by the Pinellas County Board of County Commissioners and the Friends of Fort De Soto, Inc., through a grant from the Historical Museums Grants-in-Aid Program with assistance provided by the Bureau of Historical Museums, Division of Historical Resources, Florida Department of State, Secretary of State.