Utah Historic Site
—National Register of Historic Places —The mansion, completed in 1901, was designed for Alfred W. and Elizabeth McCune by architect S. C. Dallas. Alfred McCune acquired great wealth through railroad, mining, and timber enterprises. In 1920, after the McCune's moved to Los Angeles, they gave the building to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It then housed the McCune School of Music until 1958 when it was used as an extension school for Brigham Young University. The mansion was purchased by McCune Associates in 1973.
|Placed By||Utah Division of State History|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, April 21st, 2019 at 11:01pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||12T E 424851 N 4514047|
|Decimal Degrees||40.77396667, -111.89050000|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 40° 46.438', W 111° 53.43'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||40° 46' 26.28" N, 111° 53' 25.8" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling North|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near , ,|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.