Organized in 1874. First chapel was moved from Port Lavaca; present church, built 1889, was dedicated May 25, 1890, when the Rev. George Hinson was rector.Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1966
Gothic architecture with clapboard siding, walnut interior, cedar shingle roof.
Rectors have included Hudson Stuck (1892-94), reformer, child labor laws, and conqueror of Mt. McKinley, and Everett H. Jones (1927-30), later fourth bishop, Diocese of West Texas.
Grace Episcopal Church
has been listed in the
of Historic Places
by the United States
Department of the