124 BoweryThis Beaux Arts style NYC Landmark was built for the Bowery Bank of New York in 1902, replacing the National Butchers (sic) and Drover's (sic) Bank. Of the approximately 50 bank buildings designed by York & Sawyer, a leading architectural firm, this is the oldest to survive. It simultaneously dominates this busy intersection and complements the monumental facades of the 1894 Bowery Savings Bank by famed architect Stanford White, that flanks it on two sides.
|Placed By||Bowery Alliance of Neighbors|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, April 27th, 2019 at 8:03am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||18T E 584888 N 4508012|
|Decimal Degrees||40.71866667, -73.99491667|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 40° 43.12', W 73° 59.695'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||40° 43' 7.1999999999998" N, 73° 59' 41.7" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling South|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near , ,|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.