Serving the Community Since 1881Pawlet Town Hall was built cooperatively by the town and local merchant Marcellus Wheeler, to be the seat of town government and to provide commercial space. Prominent features of this Victorian-era building are the Italianate-style cupola, wrap-around porch, and stenciled ceiling. Continuously functioning as a town hall since 1881, it has also housed a general store, tin shop, school, post office, apartment, library, and hosted many civic events. It remains the site of town offices and offers meeting space for community use. As the ongoing center of town government and village life, this Town Hall is a valuable resource, an important part of Vermont's heritage providing a direct connection to Pawlet's past.
|Placed By||Vermont Division for Historic Preservation|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, July 21st, 2019 at 8:03pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||18T E 647599 N 4800791|
|Decimal Degrees||43.34548333, -73.17893333|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 43° 20.729', W 73° 10.736'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||43° 20' 43.74" N, 73° 10' 44.16" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling East|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near , ,|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.