From Tellers to Cockettes
— 330 Bowery —The Bond Street Savings Bank, completed in 1874, became known as the German Exchange Bank by 1879, catering to a growing German population in this area, which became known as Kleinedeutschland (Little Germany). Although the facades of this Italianate style building are all cast iron, the intended impression is of a great stone structure with Ionic columns, ornamental pediments, corners braced by quoining and cornices on every floor.
|Placed By||Bowery Alliance of Neighbors|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, July 27th, 2019 at 5:01pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||18T E 585108 N 4508812|
|Decimal Degrees||40.72585000, -73.99220000|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 40° 43.551', W 73° 59.532'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||40° 43' 33.06" N, 73° 59' 31.92" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling North|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near , ,|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.