The Order of the Native Daughters of the Golden West was founded on September 25, 1886. In 1899, a Home was established providing our members with "...rest, serenity and an abiding place of affection..."
This structure is our fourth Home in San Francisco. It was inspired by Dr Mariana Bertola, designed by architect Julia Morgan, built by contractors John Barrett and Harold Hilp, and formally dedicated on January 19, 1929.
Our Home has served as a meeting place, assembly hall, hospital and nursing home, and provided board and lodging for Native Daughters from throughout our Golden State. It continues to offer our members and their guests gracious accommodations while housing our Order's museum, reference library and corporate offices.
Dedicated October 6, 2012
By the Native Daughters of the Golden West
Dr. Linda M. Galassi, Grand President