This house, probably built between 1750 an 1800, was for many years the home of Harold Kaminski (1886-1951), Georgetown County commissioner, mayor 1930-35, and U.S. Navy officer, and his wife Julia Bossard Pyatt (d. 1972). The house was originally owned by members of the Trapier and Keith families, including John Keith (d. circa 1923), first intendant, or mayor, of Georgetown in 1806. It then passed through a succession of owners from 1853 to 1931.
The Kaminski House, originally a single house with a central stairhall between two rooms, was significantly enlarged in the 1890s by George R. Congdon (1834-1909), also mayor in 1862, and in the 1930s and 1940s by Harold and Julia Kaminski. The house and its furnishings, including antiques from the 18th to the 20th centuries, was bequeathed to the City of Georgetown by Julia Pyatt Kaminski and has been open to the public as a house museum since 1973.