This site was once close to the geological edge of the Hudson River. This building, CIRCA 1889, close to major transportation was once Hoboken's largest commercial structure. Built as the Second National Bank, it housed a variety of uses, most notably the Hoboken Post Office, Library, Garibaldi Real Estate and Insurance Company and the Hudson Opera Association. Envisioned as condominiums by the Elysian Federal Bank through replication two and one-half stories were added creating living space with panoramic views of New York City. Thus transformed, the building was ready for its second one hundred years of service to Hoboken.Owner/Developer - Elysian Financial Service Corporation, Inc.
Renovation Architect - Joseph T. Vitullo
Renovation Contractor - LaRocco Construction
Historic Review - Hoboken's Historic Commission and Museum