In 1713, eleven German Palatine families settled in this area and organized into a congregation under Lutheran Pastor Justus Falckner. About 1720, they built a log church near this site. It was replaced prior to 1739 with a larger structure, and again in 1798 by the present Ramapo Reformed Church, which the Lutheran and Dutch Reformed congregations built together. Stones in this cemetery date from 18th to the mid-19th centuries, with the earliest stone dated 1745. Family names include Bevans, Fox, Frederick, Hemmion (Henion), Messenger (Messinger), Osborn, and Wanamaker.