←Stinchcomb Methodist Church was one of the first churches in this section of the state. On Dec. 30, 1794, Middleton Wood granted to Absalom Stinchcomb, John Gatewood and John Ham, the "privilege to erect a meeting house on his land on waters of Dove Creek". The first building was a log structure. By 1850`s the church acquired surrounding property. The present building has been in continuous use for over 100 years. The sills are handhewn, 14 inched square. Among the old graves in the churchyard cemetery is that of Dionysius Oliver, Revolutionary soldier.
|Series||This marker is part of the Georgia: Georgia Historical Society/Commission series|
|Placed By||Georgia Department of Natural Resources|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, October 18th, 2014 at 9:23pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||17S E 320799 N 3779152|
|Decimal Degrees||34.13790000, -82.94350000|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 34° 8.274', W 82° 56.61'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||34° 8' 16.44" N, 82° 56' 36.60" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 2001-2011 Stinchcomb Rd, Dewy Rose GA 30634, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.