Cedar Creek Primitive Baptist Church was organized April 10, 1813. The first pastor was Samuel Strange; first clerk was John Collins; first deacons were Frederick Holland, John Collins, and H.H. Kennedy. Other deacons include Redding Yeomans, J.J. Kennedy,Lewis Powell, Homer Powell, Daniel Lynn, W.A. West, Jr., W.A. Kennedy, J.T. Holland, Morgan Powell, Olen Kennedy, Sr., W.A. West, Sr.
On April 10, 1854, Frederick Holland (1800-1881) donated 116 acres of land to the Cedar Creek Primitive Baptist Church.