July 20, 1864. Gen. W. T. Ward's 3rd div., 20th A.C., having crossed the creek at Peachtree Road, moved to the low ground at stream-side, its three brigands aligned westward, facing S.
From East to West were Wood's, Coburn's and Harrison's brigades. Wood's left joined Newton's 4th A.C. div. on Peachtree Rd.; Harrison's right rested at Tanyard Branch; Coburn's at center.
South of the flat were two parallel ridges, separated by a ravine. Ward's troops [US] advanced to the first ridge from which they met the attack by Hood's forces [CS] from the S., topping the rise on the 2d ridge where Collier Rd. is located, & descending toward the ravine.
Comments 0 comments