(1721) / (1834)Prince George Winyah Parish (1721). Early settlement in this area near the Black River, based primarily on the Indian trade and the production of naval stores, prompted the creation of Prince George Winyah Parish in 1721. When the first Anglican church to serve the parish was built in 1726 Governor Francis Nicholson made a donation towards its construction. The Rev. Thomas Morritt became the first rector of Prince George Winyah in 1728.
|Placed By||The Georgetown Committee of the National Society of Colonial Dames of America in the State of South Carolina|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, September 27th, 2014 at 8:09am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||17S E 649433 N 3711727|
|Decimal Degrees||33.53471667, -79.39065000|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 33° 32.083', W 79° 23.439'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||33° 32' 4.98" N, 79° 23' 26.34" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 10300 Browns Ferry Rd, Georgetown SC 29440, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.