June 6, 1869
June 3, 1951
1911 - Founding member, Cleveland Rotary Club
1913 - President, Cleveland Rotary Club
1914-15 - Director, International Assn. of Rotary Clubs
1916-17 - 6th President, Rotary International
A business, civic, and cultural leader of Cleveland
This monument erected October 21, 1992 by the Rotarians of District 6630 is dedicated to the vision of Arch C. Klumph, father of the Rotary Foundatin and to 75 years of dedication to world understandin and peace through international charitable and educational programs of the Rotary Foundation.
Major programs of the Rotary Foundation, 1917-1992
Since 1947: International ambassadorial scholarships; 25,535 scholarships in 61 countries
Since 1964: Matching grants; 2,425 grants in 130 countries
Since 1965: Group study exchange; 22,000 teams in 100 countries
Since 1978: Health, hunger, and humanity; 128 projects in 49 countries
Since 1979: Rotary volunteers in action; 1,934 terms in 74 countries
Since 1985: Polio Plus; 606,000,000 children immunized in 74 countries
Total funds contributed to humanity sinc 1917: over $500,000,000.