The West Milton Friends Meeting, established as a meeting for worship May 14, 1874, was made a preparative meeting of West Branch Monthly Meeting, May 15, 1883. It became a monthly meeting on May 21, 1927 by action of West Branch Quarterly Meeting, Indiana Yearly Meeting.
The meeting house was built in 1881 on land given by David M. Coate and his wife, Mary Teague Coate. It was the first Friends Meeting House in America to have a steeple and a bell. London Yearly Meeting was so concerned with this worldly action, they sent a committee to wait on this meeting and help them on the right path.
The Christian Education Building was constructed in 1962, on land formerly occupied by the parsonage which was moved to another portion of the property.