May 26, 1864. Brig. Gen. J.C. Davis' (2d) div. 14th A. C. [US], reached Dallas on this rd. from Bishop's Bridge (Pumpkin Vine Cr.).
These troops left Resaca, Gordon County, May 16, & marched to Rome via a route W. of the Oostanaula River. Leaving Rome, May 24, the command moved by Peek's Spring (at Aragon), to Van Wert, where a road E. led via Bishop's Bridge to Dallas.
Entering the town, Davis' div. marched E. to the New Hope Church Rd. (State Highway 92) & established an intrenched line on the left of McPherson's Army of the Tenn. [US].