On this site St. Georges Church ("the Old North Castle Church") was erected in 1761 by the generosity of St. George Talbot, Esq. of New York City and by the missionary zeal of the Rev. James Wetmore of Grace Church, Rye. Charles Haight, Esq, donated the land.
This Church stood until 1819 and was used during the Revolution as a hospital by the American forces after the Battle of White Plains, October 28, 1776, and as a British base for Colonel Tarleton's attack on Pound Ridge and Bedford, July 2, 1779. Major John Andre, as a prisoner of war, twice passed along this road on September 23, 1780. Revolutionary soldiers are buried in the southeast corner of this ground.
The house directly to the south of this churchyard was built in 1824 by the Methodist Society and was used for worship until 1842. Caleb Kirby, Esq. donated the land.
St. Mark's Church stood on this site from 1852 until its present buildings were erected in 1911.
This tablet was placed here by the Village of Mt. Kisco, 1929