This was originally a flat-roofed Sonoran adobe built in 1875 for George A. Brown, Adamsville saloon keeper. The house served briefly as the Wells Fargo office during a rash of stagecoach robberies. "By God" Brown known for his oft-repeated phrase, was a colorful storyteller, dapper dresser, and Wells Fargo agent for a record 27 years (1877-1904). He had interest in mining, newspapers, and an ice making business. The pitched tin roof was added in 1888. The carriage house, stable, and breezeway at the back were enclosed later as bedrooms.
-Listed on the National Register of Historic Places-