1880French-born John Nicholas built this single-story flat-roofed, Sonoran-style, adobe house along the side-street property line. Its raised foundation offered some protection from flooding. Originally rectangular, it was L-shaped in 1890 and square by 1915. A corrugated-metal, wood-framed, gable roof was added after 1941. John Nicholas, a local farmer and beer hall owner, followed a common nineteenth century practice by building his house between corner commercial properties.
|Series||This marker is part of the Arizona: Historic Florence Walking Tour series|
|Placed By||Town of Florence and Arizona Historical Society|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, September 28th, 2014 at 5:07am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||12S E 463866 N 3655024|
|Decimal Degrees||33.03311667, -111.38695000|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 33° 1.987', W 111° 23.217'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||33° 1' 59.22" N, 111° 23' 13.02" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 180 E Blue Sage Rd, Florence AZ 85132, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.