St. Andrew's Episcopal Church was established in Tampa in 1871. Its first service was held in the hospital building at Fort Brooke. A wooden church was erected in 1883 on the city block bounded by Marion, Twiggs, Morgan, and Madison Streets, which had been purchased by St. Andrew's Guild in 1877. A parish school house and rectory were soon added to the site.
In 1904, ground was broken for the present church. Local architects Miller & Kenard designed the Mediterranean Revival style building completed in 1907. The new structure incorporated several stained glass windows, the communion rail and lectern from the orignal church. Over the years, parishioners have made numerous gifts to complete the interior decoration of the building.
For more than a century, St. Andrew's has remained a city church. Its outreach helped establish St. John's and St. Mary's Episcopal churches, Metropolitan Ministries and the Seafarer's Mission. In 1996, St. Andrew's further deepened its city roots by purchasing the 1929 Western Union Art Deco building at the corner of Twiggs and Marion Streets.
As one of Tampa's most historic churches, St. Andrew's embraces its role of continued service to the community.