This school traces its origin to five small schools in the Pollok-Central area; Union, Durant, Pollok, Clawson, and Allentown. An effort to solve the problem of inadequate funding for each of these rural schools led to their consolidation in 1929 as the Central Consolidated Common School District.
A new brick building at this site greeted approximately 200 students in grades one through eleven when it opened in September 1929. With J.W. Dunn presiding as superintendent, Central Consolidated boasted nine teachers and had eight students in its first graduating class.
Over the years, Central Consolidated became the focal point of the community. Its growth led to the construction of separate buildings for primary, elementary, junior high and high school classes, three gymnasiums, a cafetorium, and technology and agricultural buildings. Additional schools, including Cordaway Springs and Simpson, merged with Central Consolidated in 1939-40. In 1955, Central converted from a common school district to an independent school district.
Providing a strong educational foundation and extracurricular activities for students in the northwestern part of Angelina County, Central Consolidated has played a significant role in the county's educational history.