At this point the Camden-Mars Bluff road intersected the road to Darlington on property granted to the Reverend John Wilson (1790-1869) by the state of South Carolina in 1837. Wilson, a North Carolinian, settled here, and after his death his grandson, Dr. Peter A. Wilson, lived on a portion of the land and practiced medicine.
Dr. Peter A. Wilson
Peter Wilson (1846-1913) was born in Darlington County and served in the Confederate Army. He graduated from Washington University School of Medicine in Maryland (1869) and upon the death of his grandfather, the Reverend John Wilson, settled near here and practiced medicine. Dr. Wilson is buried in High Hills Baptist Church Cemetery, about one mile north of here.