"Old Baptistry"The Herb Cottage was built as the temporary baptistry of Washington National Cathedral. The first Bishop of Washington, Henry Yates Satterlee, commissioned this building from architect T. Henry Randall (1862-1905). It was begun in 1903 and completed in the spring of 1904, several years before the Cathedral itself was begun (in 1907). The entrance to the building was originally through its west door facing Wisconsin Avenue, the major point of access to the Cathedral grounds.
|Placed By||Washington National Cathedral|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, September 7th, 2014 at 7:38am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||18S E 320455 N 4311033|
|Decimal Degrees||38.92986667, -77.07131667|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 38° 55.792', W 77° 4.279'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||38° 55' 47.52" N, 77° 4' 16.74" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||202, 703|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 300-398 Pilgrim Rd, Washington DC 20016, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.