The house originally had a wing behind the kitchen. This wing contained a dining room on the main floor, two bedrooms on the second floor for freighters, and a cellar. The freighter used the room to the right of the front door as a parlor and the Lolone family used the room to th left of the front door as a parlor. Mr. Lalone lost the house and property in a sheriff's sale in 1893. It was purchased by Felix and Flavia Eckhout. Four generations of Eckhout family lived in the house until they donated it to the Trails and Rails Museum of the Buffalo County Historical Society in 1983.
|Placed By||Buffalo County Historical Society|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, September 7th, 2014 at 11:18pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||14T E 492186 N 4503758|
|Decimal Degrees||40.68468333, -99.09246667|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 40° 41.081', W 99° 5.548'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||40° 41' 4.86" N, 99° 5' 32.88" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 710 W 11th St, Kearney NE 68845, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.