Richland Baptist Church, constituted about 1830, was located on land given by Henry Audulph, first settler of Richland. A baptismal pool was built near a spring in the park. Here the Bethel Baptist Assn. was organized Nov. 23, 1833 by the Rev. Anderson Smith and Rev. Andrew Hood. 15 churches withdrew from the Columbus Assn., organized in 1828, to form the new association. After the split over missions in 1838 and the destruction of the building by a tornado, Richland Church was moved 3 miles S. on the Dawson Road. Later, it was moved a few miles E. on the old Leesburg Road.