The ceremony in which the cornerstone of the Hall of Springs was laid July 12, 1933, marked the beginning of the New Spa's development. Waters from the Geyser, Hathorn, and Coesa Springs were piped into the Hall of Springs for patrons to drink while they strolled or listened to live orchestral music. This building, which included a concert hall, a promenade, writing rooms, lounges, and a restaurant, became the jewel of the entire spa complex.
The statues located in front of the building were originally part of a representation of the four basic elements: earth, wind, water, and fire. the female figure on the left, represents earth, and the male figure represents water. Lack of funding prevented the completion of the statues of wind and fire, which were to be placed outside the Simon Baruch Laboratory building. Today, the Hall of Springs retains much of its former elegance and charm and serves as a restaurant for fine dining and catering