The Eau Gallie Yacht Club was completed in January, 1912, at a cost of $3,000. The officers of the club were George F. Paddison, President; Col. C. W. Fowler, Vice-President; J.E.M. Hodgson, Secretary and Treasurer. J.A. Carr was Commodore. The initiation fee was $10, with annual dues at $5.00. A life membership cost $100. The club had a registered membership of 40 with two being life members. A motor boat contest was held each February with valuable prizes offered. In the early part of the 20th Century Saturday night dances were customary, with the Kentucky Military Institute Orchestra furnishing the music.