1901-2001The Arctic Brotherhood was a fraternal organization formed onboard the steamer Seattle while anchored at Skagway. In 1901 Camp #4 Dawson City built a fraternity hall, known as the Arctic Brotherhood Hall to host their meetings as well as uphold their mandates to promote sociability and the interests of the members and the northland. Over the years the building was the centre of Dawson's most important social gatherings. The City of Dawson obtained title to the building in 1951 and operated it as a community hall for many years. The Klondike Visitors Association leased the hall from the City in 1971 to further enhance tourism in the Klondike. In 1982-83,, K.V.A., with funding assistance from Y.T.G., commenced major renovations to save the condemned building. Due to the vision of K.V.A. Directors, principally Giovanni Castellarin, the original Arctic Brotherhood Hall has been successfully transformed into a venue that not only continues to host important community social functions, but is also home to Diamond Tooth Gerties Casino.
Klondike Visitor's Association · Camp Dawson No. 4, Arctic Brotherhood · City of Dawson, Incorporated Jan. 9, 1902
|Placed By||Klondike Visitor's Association · Camp Dawson No. 4, Arctic Brotherhood|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, September 13th, 2014 at 8:03pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||7W E 576584 N 7104810|
|Decimal Degrees||64.06150000, -139.43066667|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 64° 3.69', W 139° 25.84'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||64° 3' 41.40" N, 139° 25' 50.40" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 1054 Fourth Ave, Dawson YT 07305, CA|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.