Known as the Odd Fellows Hall when it was built in 1898, this building is the oldest surviving three story brick commercial building in Maricopa County. Its 2-story high ballroom, located on the second floor, has hosted several fraternal organizations, Tempe's City Council, and served as a meeting hall for Tempe's first Mormon congregation. It was also the scene of dances, political rallies, and town meetings. Its second and third floor offices housed such diverse tenants as the State National Guard and the Tempe Irrigating Canal Company. The Curry Family operated the Tempe Hardware from 1906 to 1976. The building was rehabilitated in 1982, and then placed on the National Register of Historic Places.