You searched for City|State|Country: , va us
Showing results 1 to 10 of 153
Benjamin Truslow, farmer, married Lillie Dent, daughter of Frederick Dent and Sarah Knight, on September 10, 1893. Sarah Knight was the daughter of Lewis and Roberta Knight, who owned the log house to the east. Census records suggest that Truslow …
The log house preserved on this site was built by Lewis Knight in the mid-nineteenth century, probably c. 1850, and was situated on an 83-acre agricultural parcel. Lewis Knight share the home with his wife, Roberta, and their nine children; Sarah,…
Mine Road Bridge is dedicated to Frances R. Shelton, a member of the Shelton family, who have been residents of Stafford County for over 236 years. Frances R. Shelton was a dedicated and giving American Legion Auxiliary President from 1996 to 1997…
Third Force Reconnaissance Company
Third Reconnaissance Battalion
Third Marine Division
Awarded the Medal of Honor (Posthumously) for action against enemy forces in the Republic of South Vietnam on 16 February 1968
He gallantly gave his li…
· First Marine Aircraft Wing organized at Quantico. Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor.
· U.S. General McArthur requested 150,000 jungle camouflage uniforms. The splotchy pattern known as "frogskin" was the fir…
· The Navy was assigned Joint-Service (Navy, Marine Corps, Army & Air Force) Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) responsibilities for explosive training, as well as research and development.
· The Basic School (TBS) HQ…
Utilized by Native Americans for millennia, and purchased by the federal government in 1791, Government Island's unique stone was used in the original construction of both the U.S. Capital and the White House. Aquia sandstone from this quarry was …
· Northern part of Quantico inhabited by Manahoac Branch Algonquin Indians.
· Captain John Smith of Jamestown explored the Quantico area and found the Potomac River watershed teeming with fish, crabs, oysters, ba…
· The School of Application reopened with eight students.
· The School of Application closed again as students embarked for the Philippine Insurrection and the Chinese Boxer Rebellion.
Marine Medium Helicopter Squadron 268
Marine Aircraft Group 36
1st Marine Aircraft Wing
Killed during flight operations in support of Exercise Team Spirit, Republic of Korea, 20 March 1982.
This gallant Marine officer gave hi…