Southern Pacific Railroad
Showing results 1 to 10 of 13
The New Mexico and Arizona Railroad which served Patagonia, was built by the Santa Fe in 1881-82 and was operated after 1897 by the Southern Pacific. The last portion of this line, terminating at Patagonia, was abandoned in 1962.
The Patagonia depot buil…
Approximately 3,000 men labored on railroad construction up and over the Tehachapi Mountains in the 1870s.
It took over three years for the line to be completed through Kern County. As the railroad slowly progressed through the county, settlements sprang…
This is the only remaining original redwood frame Southern Pacific R.R. Station in Arizona. It is also the only known, original, on site, passenger depot still extant on the Southern - Trans - Continental Railroad route, between Los Angeles and Chicago. Lis…
Originally, in the late 1800's Kerman was called "Collis" in honor of the Southern Pacific Railroad President at the time, Collis P. Huntington. The Southern Pacific Railroad line was built through Kerman in 1891. The name was changed to Kerman in 1906 when…
Dedicated to the memory ofall the patriotic men and womenwho answered their country's call to service.
George W. BushPresident of the Untied States
R. James NicholsonSecretaryU.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
William F. TuerkUnder Secretary for M…
In the early 1900s a decision by Southern Pacific Railroad to relocate the regional operations to this area helped turn a small town once known as Junction into the City of Roseville. Locomotive 2252 is a symbol of this history and of the social and economi…
[Panel 1:]Southern Pacific Railroad Passenger DepotOfficial Historical Medallion, Texas Historical Commission
This depot was built by the Southern Pacific Railroad in 1928 as part of its extension into the Rio Grande Valley. A fine example of Spanish co…
Now the site of the Columbus Historical Society Museum the depot was built C. 1902 by the El Paso & Southwestern Railroad which was merged with the Southern Pacific in 1924.
Site No. 390-B
A Registered cultural Property State of New Mexico
Constructed by the Southern Pacific, Santa Fe and Union Pacific Railroads, opened on May 7, 1939. It was considered to be the most impressive railroad station of its type in the entire west.
In it's heyday the terminal covered 52 acres, employed 1,100 pe…
Southern Pacific Railroad - Before the townsite was created the train stopped at Minturn. Chowchilla was known as McNears Crossing. After it was founded the company moved the train station to a site just south of Robertson Blvd. Twenty passenger trains pass…