Showing results 1 to 10 of 28
Arts and Crafts style home built by Judge Phidias Gremillion. Is unique because it features a gabled roof. The wainscoted dining room is highlighted by a plate rail.
Victorian mercantile store built by Lewis P. Roy, Sr. Restored in 1984-85 by attorneys Tucker Melancon and Rodney Rabalais and certified public accountants Aloysia C. Ducote and Van P. Major.
Ducote, a local attorney and former Mayor, practiced law from this Victorian brick and frame building at the turn of the century.
Arts and Crafts style home built by Roy Watts and home to Carnot Dupuy for many years. Mr. Dupuy, a pharmacist, was mayor of Marksville in 1920 and also served on the School Board.
Built by Alfred Dupuy for J. R. Smith. Later home to the Gardiner and Benjamin Laborde families. Full two story Victorian dwelling with upper and lower galleries. Strong Eastlake influence of both interior and exterior.
Arts and Crafts two story brick building built by Dr. E. M. Laborde and Cliffe E. Laborde for commercial use downstairs and dental and legal offices upstairs. Tidewater Marine, Inc., founded here in 1956.
Frame structure with Greek Revival influence was built for the Black Catholic families of Marksville and staffed by the Holy Ghost Fathers. Rev. Fr. T.J. Nolan was the first pastor and this church was built by Rev. Fr. John Cooney.
The two story plantation home of Judge Ralph Cushman was near this site. Cushman died of yellow fever in 1855, and is buried in this cemetery which bears his name. Other family cemeteries which were founded during this period include the Cannon Cemetery uph…
Part of home built by Marksville's first mayor, Charles Brashear. Located originally at corner of Cappel and Monroe Sts. Later housed Bell's Tavern. In 1856, Adolph Lafargue opened a boys'school in building and published "The Villager" newspaper next door. …
Classic Greek Revival home with heavy Colonial influence built by attorney, J.W."Buddy" Joffrion. Features a tile roof and spacious gardens. Designed by Favrot and Livaudais of New Orleans.Lower plaque:Joffrion HouseHas been placed on theNational Registerof…