721 Main StreetA wooden church was first built on this site in 1864 designed by James Walter. It was moved to Ford Street in 1901, and a larger English Gothic style edifice designed by William H. Weeks was constructed in 1902. It has a seating capacity of 625 persons, and 150,000 feet of lumber were used in the construction of the interior. Four tons of copper and sheet lead comprised the roof trim, gutters and valleys. The tall spire rose 132 feet into the air and its slate sides could be seen for miles on a bright day. Crowning the spire was a gilded bronze cross.
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, September 13th, 2014 at 9:12am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||10S E 610429 N 4085988|
|Decimal Degrees||36.91345000, -121.76031667|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 36° 54.807', W 121° 45.619'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||36° 54' 48.42" N, 121° 45' 37.14" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||408, 831, 510|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 611 Main St, Watsonville CA 95076, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.