Church Organized 1818:
— First Cemetery Burial 1819 —Church organized in 1819; First Cemetery Burial in 1819. One of the earliest Methodist Congregations in the area, this church was organized by local preacher, Rev. Alexander Faires, in a log school built in 1816. Land donated in 1818 for church and cemetery by Henry Kirkpatrick. Additional lands donated in 1841 by Hiram and Eva Rhodes, and in 1911 and 1914 by John and Amanda Wesson and L.D. Simmons. First and second structures were destroyed by fires. A frame building was erected in 1885. First service in present sanctuary was February 6, 1966. Cemetery listed on Alabama Register of Landmarks and Heritage.
|Placed By||The Florence Historic Board Florence Alabama|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, September 28th, 2014 at 2:21pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||16S E 428005 N 3863233|
|Decimal Degrees||34.90898333, -87.78808333|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 34° 54.539', W 87° 47.285'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||34° 54' 32.34" N, 87° 47' 17.10" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 11253 Co Rd 15, Florence AL 35633, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.