Historic New York? ? ? ? ? Where the Hudson River runs eastward before turning south is a series of falls, an obstacle to navigation but also a source of power. These lay athwart the north-south trail between Albany and Montreal. The Queensbury Patent of 23,000 acres was laid out in 1759. A small village was begun, but was burned by the British after Burgoyne's invasion of 1777. In 1780 John Glen, a Schenectady merchant, acquired land, built mills and gave his name to the site.
|Series||This marker is part of the New York: Historic New York series|
|Placed By||State of New York State Education Department, Department of Public Works|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, October 26th, 2014 at 6:01pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||18T E 607598 N 4791901|
|Decimal Degrees||43.27225000, -73.67405000|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 43° 16.335', W 73° 40.443'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||43° 16' 20.10" N, 73° 40' 26.58" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 203 Adirondack Northway, Queensbury NY 12804, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.